HERE IS A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF WHAT WE NEED AND A GUIDE TO HELP YOU THROUGH THE PROCESS
We fully understand how this process can feel overwhelming. That’s why we have this guide to help you know where we are and where we are going and the part you play along the way.
1.) WHAT I NEED TO GET STARTED
PDF, AI, SVG, or high resolution PNG if possible.
Hosting account login or cpanel username and password. (If you don’t have a hosting account, there is a link within your contractual agreement for our recommended hosting company for you to get hosting. After your sign up simply send me your hosting credentials to login!)
An administrative login to your wordpress site (if you already have one set up).
IMAGES AND PICTURES
Current and/or new images and pictures you’d like to use on your new site.
New page content and any updates to current information on previous site.
Brand style guide, colors, or any other specific design requirements.
Slack is an online platform that is GREAT for communication and project management. We will use this platform to send messages and track our progress throughout the project. This will help having to search through long e-mail threads and having content get lost. Also, this is a one stop shop for the real-time progress of your website.
Dropbox is a great cloud-based image file/share system. We will create a specialized folder for you within Dropbox, and you will receive an e-mail giving you access to easily drop your images, files, or videos right into the folder. This may not be necessary if you have just a few images (then we’ll just use Slack to upload them), but in cases where we have 20+ images we’ll put them on Dropbox.
4.) Design Process
The web design process
Planning & Wireframe
- The website designer begins to map out and construct a blueprint showing the ideation of how the website will be constructed.
- The wireframe is shown to the client for an initial approval and involvement in ideation.
- Wireframe is approved by the client.
Design & Build
- The design team goes to work constructing the site.
- Once the home page and a few other key pages are designed the designs are shown to the client for approval of the design.
- Client gives feedback and input on current design progress.
- Design team builds out the remainder of the website.
- When the construction of the site is finished, the team will submit the final design to the client for any final revisions.
- Once the final revisions are finished, the site will then GO LIVE!