1.) WHAT I NEED TO GET STARTED
PDF, AI, SVG, or high resolution PNG if possible.
Hosting account login or cpanel username and password. (If you don’t have a hosting account, there is a link within your contractual agreement for our recommended hosting company for you to get hosting. After your sign up simply send me your hosting credentials to login!)
An administrative login to your wordpress site (if you already have one set up).
IMAGES AND PICTURES
Current and/or new images and pictures you’d like to use on your new site.
New page content and any updates to current information on previous site.
Brand style guide, colors, or any other specific design requirements.
These items can be uploaded to your basecamp project account or uploaded to your secure Google Drive folder.
Basecamp is an awesome online platform for communication and project management. We’ll be using this to send messages, share files and track progress during the process. This will help alleviate content and images being lost in long email threads. Everyone loves email threads…right?! (Don’t worry you can still use your email. The messages will post directly to Basecamp!) Once your project is underway, you’ll receive an email to set up your Basecamp profile and we’ll be off and running!
3.) Google Drive
Google Drive is a great cloud-based image file/share system. We will create a specialized folder for you within our Google Drive, and you will receive an e-mail giving you access to easily drop your images, files, or videos right into the folder.
4.) Design Process
Planning & Wireframe
- The website designer begins to map out and construct a blueprint showing the ideation of how the website will be constructed.
- The wireframe is shown to the client for an initial approval and involvement in ideation.
- Wireframe is approved by the client.
Design & Build
- The design team goes to work constructing the site.
- Once the home page and a few other key pages are designed the designs are shown to the client for approval of the design.
- Client gives feedback and input on current design progress.
- Design team builds out the remainder of the website.
- When the construction of the site is finished, the team will submit the final design to the client for any final revisions.
- Once the final revisions are finished, the site will then GO LIVE!